Monday, January 14, 2013

Anyone Else out there Dealing with the Winter Crud??

It has been non~stop over here with cooties, cooties, and more cooties.  And no, I don't mean the game cooties.  It seems like as soon as one kid gets over being sick, a day or two later it is the other one.  Back and forth like a twisted game of tennis.  It is unseasonably warm here in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia area, but I have not been able to get out with my camera due to the black plague (slight over exaggeration) that has fallen on our house.

On a more positive note, I wanted to share with you a photo I took a week ago of my favorite American Bald Eagle.  The pair was there but by the time I grabbed my camera and changed my lens, there was only one.  I am learning with taking photos of the Bald Eagles in this tree, I have to over-expose my shot, otherwise it ends up being too dark.  What does this mean?  Well, if you are looking at your light meter, your camera "thinks" that when your cursor is in the center, it is a perfectly exposed shot.  This is a good place to start, but it is not always accurate.  Certain lighting situations require you to put that cursor a stop (one number -1) to the left (underexposing it) or a stop (one number +1) to the right (overexposing it).  I will go into this in greater detail with the tutorial I am putting together for learning how to shoot in manual.

American Bald Eagle
January 2013 
ISO 100 ~ 300mm ~ f/13 ~ 1/80 sec
© Corrie M Avila

If you are interested in obtaining FREE Facebook cover page photos, head over to Traveling Hearts Photography on Facebook!  First "like" the page and then comment on which one you want and I will send it your way.  (This photo above of the bald eagle is included.)

Hoping you are not battling the Winter Crud as badly as we have over here... but if so, know that you are not alone!  I raise my can of lysol to you and say "cheers!"  <3

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment