Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Staying Sane is Overrated

I now have a bit of time to go and shoot (with my camera of course), but I can't seem to find my internal motivation.  If I do go out, the weather doesn't cooperate, the mosquitos are biting me, my flip flops are getting muddy, my camera bag is too heavy, or I just can't seem to tune into my creative side.  I know these are all excuses, but at the bottom of it all, I am just frustrated.  My brain is going a  million miles a minute, trying to juggle and balance my life, which currently feels like a pile of thirty plates, stacked precariously one on top of the other.  Just today I went to my son's school to ask for another copy of the field trip form, because I had lost the first one.  Come to find out, there was never a first one, so essentially I lost a field trip form that I never got.  I'm not sure if that should make me relieved that I really didn't misplace something or worried that I am creating imaginary things to lose.

Sunrise
Instagram
© Corrie M Avila

 Sunset
Instagram
© Corrie M Avila

Today is a rainy and windy day here in Northern Florida, so shooting was not a possibility.  Instead, I packed up my computer, my books, and went to Starbucks to study.  I have a licensing exam that I need to prepare for and I have gotten very good at coming up with alternate things to fill my time.  Instead of studying right now, I am people watching, blogging, and drinking coffee.  I also wanted to share a blog I follow that spoke to me today.  I've talked about her blog before, but it is one of my favorites.  Read it, it's a good one.

So on that note, I will continue losing forms I never got, forgetting to go to activities that weren't real, and pretending to study for things that I really should be studying for.  But when all things seem overwhelming and out of control, remember that the sun always rises... and the sun always sets... and each new dawn brings a new day. 

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment