Sunday, August 9, 2015

Project {24} Begins

The idea behind Project {24} was born with my love for film photography and my desire to do more of it.  If you missed it, check out the post about Project {24}.

Here is a recap on my "guidelines:"

  • Only taking one photo per composition
  • Creating a theme for that roll
  • Taking the time to make sure that photo is the one I want to take
  • Once the roll is complete, I will publish all 24 shots on the blog (even if there are ones I don't like or that don't pass my critical eye).  Scouts honor, you will see all 24 on here.

My first project theme is "Summer."  It was initially more difficult than I anticipated because not only did I want my photo to be individual, I also wanted to tell a story with the series.  It ended up morphing into more of a travel log of what we did this summer, which I am very happy about.  I will be releasing the photos in 4 groups of 6.


In the past, I always developed my film at walmart, costco, cvs ect, (I know, a disgrace to all film photographers everywhere).  I figured it was time to send my film to a real developing company.  After some research, I decided to use The DarkRoom, who is based out of California.  I requested a postage paid envelope and order form for your rolls from their website.  Price is decent, especially given that film has become more of a novelty.  You also have the ability to pre-pay online and then just ship your receipt along with your film.  Once film was developed, I got an email with a link to my photos to share/print online if I wanted.  A few days later I received my negatives along with a CD of my images.  I decided to wait to order prints for the time being.  One day I would like to dabble in developing film on my own, but for now, that will have to wait.


So film has been developed and I have the photos in hand.  Project {24} begins!

Capturing the Moment <3

Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment