Saturday, May 11, 2013

Washington DC Photo Exhibition featuring a Photograph by Yours Truly

In the wake of a very difficult start to May, I got some VERY exciting news!  I was informed that one of my Cherry Blossom photos was chosen to be displayed in an exhibition called Photowalk Underground.  My photo will be one of 150 photos capturing the Cherry Blossom festival in Washington DC.  The exhibit started yesterday (5/10/13) and runs for six months.  Our Mother's Day plans tomorrow include going and seeing it in person.

Oldest section of Cherry Blossom Trees
Tidal Basin ~ Washington, DC
ISO 100 ~ 50mm ~ F/11 ~ 1/200 sec
© Corrie M Avila

This exhibition is part of the Art Underground initiative in Crystal City, VA.  Here is a map of where the photos will be displayed.  If you go, please let me know!!  I'll follow up after we make our trip there tomorrow.

Getting closer and closer to our move date  has been very bittersweet for me, but knowing I am leaving a piece of me in DC is a nice gift <3

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

6 comments:

  1. Royal Crown StudiosMay 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM

    HEY!
    We just opened our brand new HD Radio Station in Woodbridge, Virginia. Would you be interested in broadcasting a live show with us? We’d love to work with you!

    Royal Crown Studios: 703-490-9028

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest. Please send me an email to travelingheartsphotography (at) gmail (dot) com ~ I look forward to discussing this further.

      Delete