Monday, August 12, 2013

Look a Little Closer

One of the most fabulous things about photography is that your photographs are a reflection of who you are as an artist.  The camera is a tool that you can use and manipulate to show others your perspective.

ISO 500 ~ 300mm ~ f/5.6 ~ 1/320 sec
© Corrie M Avila

Upon first glance, this may look like a bubble.  But when I look at it I see a reflection of myself taking a photo.  I also see some magnificent and wondrous clouds behind me as the sun was setting.  And then there is a weed next to me that looks as tall as a tree.  

I also can close my eyes and remember my son blowing the bubbles and the elation pouring out of him as the bubbles stayed in form for so long.  I can feel the wind blowing across my face and remembering how I had to keep brushing my hair out of the way of the camera.  If I close my eyes I can be transported back to this exact moment.  

This is why I take photos.

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3



No comments:

Post a Comment