Thursday, July 25, 2013

My First Gallery Photograph and a Chance to Snag a FREE 5x7

Back in May, you may remember I spoke about one of my photographs being chosen as part of an Underground Gallery in Washington, DC.  If you missed it, you can check out the posting here.

I was completely FLOORED when I got the email that my photograph was chosen.  It is the first time I've had any photo requested for a gallery.  I went to see it on Mothers Day, but they did not have the gallery up yet.  Due to all the craziness of preparations for our move, we did not make it back until Fathers Day in June.

I honestly can't put into words how it felt to be walking down a corridor filled with beautiful captures of the Cherry Blossoms in our Nation's City, and to come across my very own perspective, my very own photograph.

My Photo and I <3
ISO 3200 ~ 28mm ~ f/5.0 ~ 1/30 sec
© Corrie M Avila

The lighting was awful, I forgot to bring my tripod, the ISO had to be jacked all the way up, my hair was a mess, it was a very long day... just days before our move... but I couldn't have been happier <3

My Name!! In Print!!
ISO 3200 ~ 53mm ~ f/5.0 ~ 1/50 sec
© Corrie M Avila

If you are in the Washington DC/ Northern VA area, you must check out the Underground Gallery.  There are some beautiful and amazing photographs.  You can get there by metro (probably the easiest way) or you can drive and park in one of the parking garages (they are free on the weekends and after 4pm on weekdays).

ISO 3200 ~ 38mm ~ f/5.0 ~ 1/30 sec
© Corrie M Avila

Here is a map of the area that has the Gallery.  The red arrow is pointing to where my photograph is.  There is a really cool funky striped wall just opposite my photo.  The website of Fotowalk Underground is here.

My Photo is Featured near the Bottom Left

The Gallery will be on display until November 4th, 2013.  So even though I am no longer in Washington DC, a little piece of me is <3  

Sharing the Love

As a thank you to those who venture out to see all 150 of the beautiful photographs displayed, I will give the first FIVE people a free 5x7 of your choice (shipping included).  All you have to do is post a photograph of yourself with my Cherry Blossom Photo.  You can reply with a link to your photo below in the comments or you can post it directly onto Traveling Hearts Photography's Facebook Page.

The Chosen Photograph
ISO 100 ~ 50mm ~ f/11 ~ 1/200 sec
© Corrie M Avila

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

2 comments: