Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Waiting...

The countdown is on for our move.  While there is so much we "have" to do, I am spending a lot of time hyper focusing on the moment.  Perhaps this is just a reflection of my coping mechanism (which is the ostrich mentality)... but I'd like to think that I am relishing in our last days here in Northern Virginia.  One of the things Micah (my youngest son) loves to do is watch for Gabriel's bus.  Most of the time he comes with me to the bus stop, but when he doesn't, he watches faithfully from the window.

So Serious...
ISO 400 ~ 60mm ~ f/3.5 ~ 1/125 sec
© Corrie M Avila

As our house begins to echo, and the pictures start to come down off the wall... I am choosing to focus on my two loves and the things that make them who they are.  If I focus instead on the move and the fact that I will be leaving some pretty fantastic people behind, well... I'll just fall apart.  

Micah with the Window Reflection in his Eyes
ISO 400 ~ 60mm ~ f/3.5 ~ 1/80 sec
© Corrie M Avila


Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment