Sunday, September 9, 2012

Autumn is Here!!

Well, not officially as the first day of Autumn according to the calendar is September 22.  But the leaves are starting to change, which means that Autumn should not be too far off.  This is my favorite season for many reasons but most importantly, the jaw-dropping, breathtaking beauty of everything painted in rich fall colors.  Autumn reminds me of time with family, the turkey roasting in the oven, pumpkin spice lattes, bales of hay and pumpkin patches.

Every season is enjoyable to photograph and I truly love capturing the essence of the season and what it means to me.  But there is just something about Autumn that touches my heart and makes me smile.  The other day I went out on a walk with my family in the neighborhood and this is where I first started seeing the leaves beginning to change colors.  I drafted the assistance of my husband to help with this photo :)

© Corrie M Avila
ISO 100 ~ 56 mm ~ f/5.6 ~ 1/320 sec

In hindsight, I wish I had used my macro lens here rather than the telephoto that was on my camera for the walk.  But sometimes capturing the moment is more important than missing opportunities to go back for a different lens.  So just be prepared for many more leaf photos and I plan on getting some nice macro shots where you can see the detail much better!

I am sitting here typing away in the middle of the night with a sick little boy on my lap.  He brightened up when I added this photo and remembered when we took it together.  Technicality is important, especially in photography, but the emotional attachment is also equally important.  

Happy Shooting <3

Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment