Friday, September 21, 2012

Spending a beautiful fall day in Washington DC

As I am writing this, I am sitting on the metro heading into Washington DC. I am meeting a friend (that I met on the bus to NYC last month). We are having lunch at one of the Smithsonian Museums along the National Mall and then we are off to take photos. She is a fellow traveler like me and we found kindred spirits with each other. Our plans include going to the Sculpture Garden and also to the US Capitol. I have a few more sites in mind, but we will see how the day goes. Fall is the best time to photograph DC (in my opinion). The tourists have all gone back home and the kids have started school so there are not masses of people to contend with.... and you can't beat the colors of the changing trees. Spring is my second favorite time to photograph DC because of the Cherry Blossoms and other blooms blanketing the district. But it is high tourist time and there is a lot of foot traffic to contend with.

Enjoy your Fall Weekend!

Happy Shooting <3

Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment