Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bomb Rushing Nap Time!

Today was one of those rare occasions that my 3 y/o son actually fell asleep during quiet time.  Since it was so late in the afternoon, I didn't feel guilty taking some photos and chancing waking him.  Apparently my camera makes very loud noises when I click the dial to change the settings of my shutter speed and aperture.... and I've woken up my boys before in my less than stealthy approach...

ISO 100 ~ 60 mm ~ f/5.6 ~ 1.3 sec
© Corrie M Avila

Since I didn't want to lug my tripod upstairs and also since he fell asleep on the floor, I used the floor as my tripod.  Even with opening the window above him, it was still too dark to handhold the camera without using the flash.  If I put the camera directly on the floor, I got carpet in the foreground (which I didn't want).  So I propped the camera up on a few small books and got exactly the height that I needed along with the stability of the floor to account for the slower shutter speed.

I used manual focus here so that I could have a pinpoint focal point on his eyelashes.  The camera on automatic focus kept wanting to focus on his forehead.  Applied an action in Photoshop from Annie at Paint The Moon called Creamy Java (which is one of my favorites!)

Happy Shooting!

Corrie





No comments:

Post a Comment